Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Let's be honest.

I haven't pulled the camera out since last year (good dramatic opening, no?). Even though we're three weeks into school and the new year, I feel like we're in limbo. We're two weeks away from leaving for Disney and we're in the throes of finalizing plans and budgets for a kitchen/breakfast area renovation. Details on that will follow- right now, we haven't even signed a contract with the GC yet so it's a bit premature. Interesting that I tell the masses on the interwebs that it would be "premature" to discuss it yet I spend entirely too much of my day researching kitchen cabinet manufacturers, pricing appliances and dreaming of paint colors.
Back to real life- the first two+ weeks of the year were sub-arctic around here. Not good for my sanity. I tend to hibernate. Yesterday and today, however, were 60 degree days and they were glorious! The kids spent ALL day outside (we finally gave them a much needed bath- apologies to anyone who came downwind of them in the last couple of days) and today we took a bike ride around the neighborhood. Our 'hood is slightly hilly...really most of the hills are gradual enough so that you don't notice they're hills until you're pushing a stroller or a kid on a bike up one. There is one decent hill that still terrifies Makena on a bike. She rides her brakes (if I can even convince her to ride and not walk the bike all the way down) and wails for me to hold onto her handlebars. Reese, on the other hand, just goes. Full speed ahead. I forsee this is how our lives are going to be for a long time.

No comments: