Friday, April 18, 2008

Running - Part Deux

Okay, I guess I might as well take the plunge and add to this here blog thing.

Since my wonderful wife has started us down this path, I will continue. I once enjoyed running, even had aspirations of running an ultra marathon one day http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarathon (can you say "nut job").

Anyway, having recently celebrated my 39th birthday, I'm realizing that things that didn't hurt are starting to hurt more and more: Drinking too much, lifting heavy objects, and running any distance at all. I still, like most middle agers (yes I'm now considered middle aged), think I'm still young and can do the stuff I used to, then the next morning comes around and I crawl out of bed wonder why in the world I do this to my body.

That said, I don't enjoy running so much any more. Granted I too am trying to get in shape for the Grand Canyon trip. Oh and by the way did I mention that Joe Pay and I decided, for some stupid reason, to run a half marathon on May 3rd, just 12 days before leaving for the Grand Canyon. Just thought it would help me get in shape (good logic there huh???). Anyway, I've decided in my aged wisdom that I just don't like running any more. Right now its just a means to an end. But if I had my choice, give me my mountain bike any day. Later I may trade that in for a walker, but now I'll keep my mountain bike.


Oh and by the way, if I had my choice I would rather watch the "The Real Housewives of New York City" instead of the Kardashians.

BDB

No comments: