Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Soooo...it's too early for this

I get to preschool today to pick up the kids as usual. The first step of which is to consolidate all of Makena's random half-filled-in coloring pages into a pile to go into her backpack. Today I notice there is a Disney Store bag in her cubby. I assume, for good reason, that she has made a deal with one of her friends to "keep" some oddball toy for a certain number of days. Between her and Reese, it's nearly impossible to figure out which friends' toys we are to care for for which number of days.
Back to the story...inside the Disney bag is a Belle sippy cup and this. It reads "Samuel/I [love] you/I will give you a present/[picture of boy and girl holding hands]". It is a present from her classmate, Samuel...AND A LOVE NOTE! Hello!!! I'm mentally prepared for this to start during middle school, but not now. Not at "four and three quarters"! Her teacher about lost it when I showed the note to her and then said "well...now it makes sense that Korey said today that "Samuel didn't give ME anything special". Oh...the drama!
Suddenly, I'm 5 years older than I was when I woke up this morning.

No comments: