Monday, May 31, 2010

Graduation/End of School

I've always been a firm believer that a "graduation" for anything other than high school and all the varying college degrees is a silly thing. Truth be told, I still think that, but Makena had her "graduation" from preschool this past week and it was really pretty cute. Whole truth be told, I cried. Although I can redeem myself a bit here...I did cry a little because of the concept of her moving onto kindergarten, but the main reason I cried was that we're no longer going to have Reese's excellent teachers anymore. Makena had Ms. Michelle and Ms. Betty last year and Reese had them this year and they are the greatest. I was literally in tears when I dropped Reese off that last morning.
Here she is during her program- I love that she wound up standing between the two other little girls who will be going to the same kindergarten she will.And a quick photo op with Grandmommy.The whole school celebrated the end of the year with the annual party at a local park. Finally, this year the park had proper warning signs on the rocky shoreline of its lake. Sounds like a great place to take 120 kids, right?Reese and one of her little best friends, Arden. Their class (of only 6) really bonded this year and the kids have become great friends.

1 comment:

The Balog Family said...

So cute!!! Congrats to Makena!! EK has her graduation this Thursday. My how time has flown...and for them to head off to Kindergarten next year, yikes!!
Well, big congratulations from us!!!