Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The great connundrums of our time

I have a list of questions to ask God when I get there. It's long, proves the true level of my idiocy, and consists of things like "what were you thinking when you created mosquitoes?", "what really happened to Jimmy Hoffa?" and "why did you let Ricky Williams sign that stupid contract with the Saints?".
The newest question for that list has to do with theseFoul creations. What's puzzling is, I bought them. What's even more puzzling is, I bought them because, in the dead middle of July, Harris Teeter was out of all the regular marshmallows. We decided to make use of the still-hot coals in Brett's new old-school charcoal grill and roast marshmallows. Yes, I realize this is a time honored fall tradition but what can I say- we were thinking outside the box. Apparently we weren't the only free-thinkers that night because we got stuck with pink marshmallows. Luckily, once you get a little char on them, they taste just fine. Here's proof.

1 comment:

The Balog Family said...

Couldn't agree more! Very foul creations!! Hadn't thought of roasting them though - hmmmm!??!