Friday, July 16, 2010

Lunch

My list of sins is long. And grievous. And long. Did I mention long? One of my daily missteps is being a little too prideful in being a decent cook and almost always trying to feed my family all natural, garden grown, low sugar, organic, etc etc etc. Well...sometimes I don't succeed, sometimes I don't try and sometimes I put my foot down and do a 180.
Let me introduce you to one of the delicacies of my youth. Triscuit pizzas. This was today's summer-lunch-on-the-deck. There's nothing on these babies that isn't processed to within an inch of its life. Triscuits (which we do actually eat often), jarred spaghetti sauce- been making my own for years, Target-brand sliced mozzarella ("Target-brand" dairy?? I'm sure it's Sargento's scrap rejects from their factory), and full-fat peperoni. Broil for a few minutes, then enjoy the hot, salty, cheesy grease running down your fingers.
Then feel like you have a 3 pound rock in your belly for the next 4 hours...


Yum.

1 comment:

The Balog Family said...

THAT actually sounds delicious!!!! We'll have to give that one a try out here! :)