Friday, April 23, 2010

Reese, you're an oak.

Here's a snippet of tonight's "discussion" at the end of a very long, napless day. We were almost all the way home from dinner with some friends when a silly band got broken. Horror of horrors. Added to that atrocity was the uninvited pulling of various car seat straps, the lack of sharing a coloring book and the stretching of a leg in the wrong direction ("she's to cloooooose to me!!!!"). Ahhh...the preschool years.

Brett: Reese- stop pestering your sister!
Makena: you broke my tulip silly band!! (face crumbling in disappointment)
Reese: I'm mad at you guys!
Us: Why are you mad at us? You're the one who keeps pestering your sister.
Reese: ....
Brett: Reese, you can be mad, that's your choice, but it's a waste of your energy.
Reese: I'M NOT MAD. I'm a tree. I'm green.
Us: (trying to stifle laughter- secretly thrilled that the anger has subsided into silliness)
Makena: You're not a tree! You're Mickey...and I'm Minnie.
Reese: NO I'M MINNIE! (buh? how did we get back to arguement in less than 10 words??)
Makena: No! Minnie is a girl. I'm Minnie. You can be the husband.
Reese: (distraught all over again)
Makena: Well, Daisy is a girl- you can be her. But I'm still Minnie.

Aaaaak.

1 comment:

The Balog Family said...

Oh the trials!!! We are getting it here in full force! UGH!!