Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One day, I'll find my gift

I'm almost 35 and I still find myself wondering what my special talent is. I can't paint, can't draw worth a flip, am not patient enough to be a teacher...I guess if you count Excel skills as a gift, I might qualify. Do you see my dilemma?
Our friends Jen and Chris Hunt have an incredible talent: they're real friends. I mean true, genuine, honest-when-they're-happy, honest-when-they're-sad, be-angry-with-them, drink-with-them, celebrate-with-them, cry-with-them friends. For some strange reason, they choose (voluntarily!) to love our family. I mean, I can see loving Makena and Reese, but Brett and I are another story. We're one big mess of people, yet they continue to brighten our lives by being part of it.
Their secondary talent is that they're fantastic photographers. Jen took a leap of faith a year ago and started her own photography business. Chris joined the party. They're good. Really good. It's hard to take this big mess of people and make it look this good.

Follow this link to see more pictures
Jen Hunt Photography Pictures

2 comments:

The Balog Family said...

Oh my gosh....beautiful pictures Jennifer!!! Definitely Christmas card worthy!

James said...

Bah.. Your talent is everything you do, and notably being the best older sister one could hope for.